Question
Posted by: Angela | 2007/03/23

Lotte Berk & Bar Meathod

In researching the Fluidity bar alot of people recommended that the Lotte Berk or Bar Meathod meathods be tried first. Do you know of these and do they work?

Should I try these first or dive straight into fluidity? I love dance, used to do ballet and love yoga too but now have very little time for the classes.

You opinion is much appreciated.

Hi Angela

I must confess that I don't really know what you are referring to - I'd never heard of the fluidity bar, and so this was a first for me. I looked it up online and I did manage to find a whole lot of informercials which are pretty low down in the status of things you can trust for this type of information! My impression of what I see there is that the bar is probably mostly clever marketing and inflated promises, but there are some half truths there. For example, the claim that you will reshape the body through these types of exercise is an exaggeration - you will certainly develop strength, postural control, balance and co-ordination,and all of these are great, not to be laughed at. But in order to lose weight and gain that lean appearance of dancers, you need to dance, or do some sort of dynamic exercise. So my advice is to use it, by all means, but if you want to see real results, ask yourself whether dancers of yesteryear had these pieces of equipment? The answer is no, but dancers today are as strong, as lean as they were then, so this is not needed, but useful to have.

Ross