Question
Posted by: CT | 2004/11/10

Lots of help needed

I am 22 and 40 kilos overweight. I have been stuggling with my weight for as long as i can remember. I am not financially able to do something like weighless, what are my opions??

Dear CT
I hear what you are saying. At an Obesity Congress that I attended a week ago, all the solutions that did help for obesity cost a lot of money. The most successful solution for individuals who need to lose large amounts of weight (in excess of 30 kg) is gastrointestinal surgery, but this is very expensive. However, large amounts of weight can be lost by using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output. Once you have lost some weight you can do regular exercise such as going fro brisk walks or swimming for 30 minutes a day.
Holding thumbs for you

1
Posted by: zeester | 2004/11/10

I think I understand your situation, I am no expert,and this might sound crazy, but I think it works. Start with your plates. Use smaller plates. when your brain sees the plate is full, it will automatically send a message toyour brain that there is plenty of food, so you can trick yourself into thinking you are full after you have eaten a small amount of food. Eat less and less with time, dont cut your diet in half on the first day. eat less systematically. there are plenty of ways to trick your brain. also, drink water. start with a glass a day for the first week, then 2 glassas a day for the second week and so on. and when you lie on your bed at night, do a few situps, but once again, do it systematically. dont overdo it the first day. this will take time, but I'm sure that with confidence, it will workwonderfully.

I really hope this advice will work!
REMEMBER-BE POSITIVE AND CONFIDENT!!

Reply to zeester