Question
Posted by: Conie | 2007/03/05

lost my mirrena now what

Dear doc.

I got my period and I always use/d tampons, this morning my mirrena pulled out with the tampon.

My husband and I are planning a family but only in about 24 months from now, should I go to my doc to have it re-insurted,or can I go on the pill from now untill we are ready to have kids?

I am really consirned as for we had unprotected sex last night, could I fall pregnant, how long does sperm live inside you?
Could I have hurt myself by accedently pulling it out?
Please can you help me.

You would need to decide whether you want to use the Pill or have another Mirena inserted.
The Mirena secretes hormones into the uterus and these will be there for a few days, so it is unlikely that you will have fallen pregnant.
You would not have hurt yourself with the Mirena pulling out.

1
Posted by: D | 2007/03/05

You cant be pregnant if you are having a period. I would suggest seeing a gynae so he can check out if anything was hurt in the process.

Reply to D