Question
Posted by: ncl1 | 2006/11/02

Lost interest in pulling (update)

I said originally:
Someone please offer some explaination, Im 18, just started uni, and while all my friends are keen to go out and get laid, im not. I have noticed interest in me, but I have lost the will to act on it. Its not fear based, its like I don't care anymore. How can I light a fire under my ass and get back into pulling? WB ASAP

But u wanted more info:

My course is very demanding and I have never lived away from home for a very long time, so I am in a brand new enviorment, but I have been here for weeks, I have friends, I socialise, I talk with home. Its hard sometimes as I don't have any very close friends here, but I don't see how any of that could contribute. Surely this shud spur me on into looking for "closeness" in a relationship? What should I do to overcome this serious problem?

I am hoping u can help now.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

some of the most stressful things that happen in life are the following: moving home or leaving home, adapting to a new place, being away from family and long-standing friendships. So all of the things you dont think could be contributing to your stress are in fact among the most stressful life events experienced.

You firstly need time to adapt and as you feel more settled I would expect you then to feel more confident and become interested in meeting new people. It is likely that the lack of confidence in a new place is holding you back a bit. Try to not push yourself and firstly get to know the people around you that you have just met and take it from there. As you begin to feel more comfortable with your new environment I think you will feel a whole lot easier. What you are experiencing is pretty common for people just starting at a new college or work place in a new environment.

Go out there with your friends and have a good time - the rest will follow!

1
Posted by: me | 2006/11/03

to me it just sounds like you are maturing.. going out and getting laid, is just a phase. Not a healthy one at that.
but hey i was there...
dont worry, concentrate on ya studies and the right gal will come along

Reply to me