Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/08/15

Lost Husband

No, not as in "he is missing" but as in he has switched off from me completely. He is polite but hardly ever at home. I did write in before about being a "sports widow". Through my depression, I am trying to find ways to be more interesting but it doesn't seem to make any difference. CS, you did say I must get CBT, which I have been for 10 years now - not the same person - and I have seen so many people I wouldn't know who else to go to. I even went to a psychic the other day and believe me, that is way not my style. I feel absolutely helpless, hopeless and ugly. I really don't know where to turn.

I don't understand what you say about CBT. NOBODY conducts CBT lasting 10 years ! One of its advantages is that it is a focussed and relatively brief method of therapy. If you have seen many therapists ( and 10 years ago there were precious few round SA practising CBT ) and left them for some odd reason before finishing whatever you were working on, this would have entailed many wasted sessions --- one needs to stick with one person with a specific plan and timetable. How else is your depression being treated ?

1
Posted by: Me | 2007/08/15

Hi CS, I have seen clinical pschycologists, psychiatrists, hynoptherapists and so on over the last 10 years. I have had other issues in my life which I dealt with at those times but the main reason is my insomnia, which all the "experts" put down to depression. I can't help thinking that anyone would be quite depressed if they get 1 1/2 to 3 hours sleep a night! I am taking a host of anti depressants and the only one that has worked from a sleep aspect was Serequel but the weight gain was instantaneous and drastic and apparently there is a danger of adult onset diabetes when that happens.
I have been for sleep therapy as well, which was a waste of time, because all they could tell from their monitors is exactly what I had told them was happening.
Me

Reply to Me