Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/11/23

Lost and Found

I was lost but am now found. I was in a world of turmoil and confusion, where I didn't know whether I was Authur or Martha. I have found the part of me that is strong, the fighter, the only problem is she is always angry, very angry. I am controlling my anger but with great difficulty. I know that during pregnancy a person is emotional and all that, which I am, but being angry like this is worrisome, is it normal?

My daughter is back home. She is the life of the home and she cannot wait for her baby brother. 2 more weeks to go.

Just a note, the bf is still around. Just letting be what will be. (don't judge, being pregnant doesn't make one rational)

I was once on a course where they tried to work on my anger but the guy said I control it, he could physically see me going into control mode. My worry is what will happen if this anger suddenly bursts out of me. You know when you tense but not sure why, this it multiplied by 50......

Am I worrying about nothing.

Hope all are doing well and if you are not, just know in your hearts of hearts that things will and have to get better and they will.
Take Care

Hi Beyond Tired,
How nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you're actually doing rather well --- congratulations ! The anger issue is interesting and probably relevant, and worth exploring further after you've settled down after childbirth.
And you're doing rather well at ratonality, too, from the sound of it ( heck, if pregnancy made people more rational, wouldn't we be bound to recommend it for all politicians ? )
I don't think a suddent erption of the controlled anger is likely, but CBT counselling after the birth, may help you to explore, test, and find alternative ways to deal with the anger rather than the more hydraulic way of just bottling it up. We wish good fortune and happiness to all of you

4
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/23

That's great BT... glad to hear that you're feeling more positive about life.... don't know what to say about the anger though.... it's not an emotion I am very familiar with at all.... so it would be like the blind leading the blind... but I wanted to wish you well... glad to hear that your daughter is back home too........ well done!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/11/23

Nice to hear from you. I am glad to hear that things are going a bit better in your life. You deserve it.

Good luck with the baby. Hope all goes well.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/11/23

Hello Vrou

Ons worry baie oor jou as jy so stil is. Jy klink darem ok - sterkte met die swangerskap en geboorte en ek hoop alles verloop goed.

Ek's bly jou dogtertjie is terug by die huis!

Liefde Ma

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Karen | 2005/11/23

Hi BT

Long time no hear! Glad to hear your daughter is back home. You two are going to have a ball 'playing' with the new arrival.

You sound a little more positive than previous postings.

You have my address if you want to chat!

Reply to Karen