Question
Posted by: mic | 2007/07/25

Lost a loved one

My husband and I have lost our little baby girl at 40weeks. I was my due date for a ceasar and when they tested for a heartbeat there where no heartbeat. It felt (and is still feeling) as my whole world are shattered to pieces. It has been 3 weeks now. My husband is coping better with the situation. I am very religious but it just feel as if I am empty and nothing can fill that emptiness. The first 2 weeks it felt as if I am coping, but the last week it is just as if I am coping less and less. We are going to try for a second child, but I have all these fears that I am not going to fall pregnant again. We battled for 3 years to get pregnant with the first one. It feel as if I am going insane?? Help!

So sorry to hear about this, mic, this is a special variety of loss and grief which can be especially hard to cope with. In an odd way, you feel loss not only for the infant that was or nearly was, but for everything you have hped the child would grow into. At this early stage, it can be hard to believe that you will get over this, though you will. Counselling might help, and a valuable support group can be The Compassionate Friends, which consts of parents who have lost a child, at any age. This might not be the very best time to try for the next pregnancy, while you are feeling so raw, but in a while you will be feeling a bit better, and will pobably then be more likely to succeed

1
Posted by: Michel | 2007/07/25

Hi Mic,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I. too, lost a baby boy after giving birth...He lived a day before he died. I carried him for 9 months with no complications. I know what you are going through..The sadness and emptiness will disappear with time...Each day gets better. Your faith will carry you through. Please continue praying for strength...I will pray for you too.... I fell pregnant a year later..after losing my baby...with TWINS!!

All the best

Reply to Michel