Posted by: Sands | 2008/08/25

Loss of Taste &  Smell

HI Dr, I have been without a sense of taste &  smell since Feb 08. I have had MRI scans done of my sinal region &  brain etc and nothing was discovered. I have been to an ENT specialist who inmy opinion is just out drain of my money. he has put me on a course of cortisone as well as a nasal spray called NASREX. I have had no change in my condition. Please help as this is becoming unbearable.

Dear Sands
you don't mention what you think could have caused this. Sometimes there just isn't much one can do, and the sense of smell return by itself.

Posted by: Nix | 2009/03/02

Dear Dr,

My father is 82 years old and has lost his taste. He is on medication at the moment but it does not seem to help at all. He is desperate and very depressed, losing a lot of weight because he cannot taste food. Do you know what may be causing this or do you have a remidy for his condition.

Reply to Nix