Question
Posted by: muyiwa | 2008/05/30

loss of sense of smell

hi doc,am dauda muyiwa asking a question from nigeria.since last year october i lost my sense of smell.pls doc i really want to know what has gone with my sense of smell and possible recommendation.thanks for your anticipated reply and cooperation.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you are suffering from chronic sinusitis and I therefore, recommend that you make an appointment with an ear nose and throat specialist for a full examination to confirm this condition or any other possible causes.

You can try taking anti-histamines, as well as nasal sprays and see if this alleviate your symptom.

Kind regards