Question
Posted by: please help | 2007/04/25

loss of libido

My girflfriend has a very low libido saying that she has never really been that interested in sex. I am, and in the lst few months we have only been intimate 4/5 times.

I dont know what to do and feel that some of our issues are related to not being intimate, and having issues is causing us not to have sex.

When we were first started dating we were regularly intimate maybe 4/5 per week. now its once a month. Maybe...

Please help.......

You seem to be describing a situation, not of a young woman with a very low libido, but someone who used to have a higher libido but has for some reason lost it more recently. there could be various reasons for this, including depression, stress, physical reasons, or maybe the relationship itself cooling down. Discuss it with her, consider a GP checkup if it seems that psych or physical reasons could be at play, or see a relationship counsellor together

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/25

The reason can be physical or psychological. Is she perhaps using medication that causes loss of libido, is she under a lot of stress etc? Has she had a thorough medical checkup? If there is no physical problem then perhaps you should look at how you pay attention to her out of bed. Is she perhaps the kind of woman who likes to receive flowers, have her back rubbed without it necessarily leading to sex, find a loving (or naughty) email in her inbox?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/25

Do you please her enough or do you only do it for your own pleasure? Women needs that "extra" attention in bed, you know what I mean? Try different positions, try something NEW and fun, there's lots of ways to make a woman WANT you so bad.... Bla bla bla... you get my point... I hope...

Reply to Echelle