Question
Posted by: Tabby | 2004/10/05

Loss of friend

I have lost my dear friend forever.I don't know how I am going to cope with this.I loved him so much and I cannot bear this loss.We have been friends for a very long time and I feel I cannot go on without him anymore PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Tabby, you can and will go on, which is of course exactly what you owe to yourself. He used and abused you and discarded you --- OK, that's awful, but it proves that HE is awful, and that you are well rid of him. Do NOT give him the power to shatter you , and get the best possible form of revenge by continuing and succeeding, despite him.
In time, he'll get what's coming to him, and make sure you're around to enjoy watching that when it happens.

6
Posted by: Friend | 2004/10/05

Dear Tabby,

I felt the same way you do..... I've had "friends" if I can call them that, which I also helped in farious things. Now they don't know me, we never chat or even great one another like we use to. I also felt that I must not help people anymore or even befriend others. But why must we go down to their levels. Believe me it will hurt a bit, but time heals (like the saying says)

And YES like the other person said "what goes around comes around" maybe not as soon as we hope it will be but it will.

Keep your head high and just carry on..........

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Ken | 2004/10/05

I absolutely agree with Paris "what goes around always comes around either way" life is a vicious circle and we do learn in the process.I have been in a more similar situation,u help out wherever,however you can and when your turn arrives that u need some help then u find that there's absolutely no-one to reach out to you.Just showing how unhuman can ppl be.So just keep strong and work in enhancing yoself and this prick will see that you can still do it without him,someday he will come crawling and don't fall into the same trick.So now look at YOU first,be selfish for once.

Be strong and all will be al'right.It will wear off............

Reply to Ken
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/05

Hi Tabby,

First off I would like to tell you that any friend that makes one feel hurt is not worth much.
Never-the-less you do feel left behind & hurt at the moment. You say your friend has moved up, does he maybe have so much responsibility at the moment that he finds it difficult to keep in touch with his friends? Or maybe he's at a stage where it makes it a bit hard for him to be emotionally attached to anyone.
From you posting it does sound like you guys were quite close, so maybe as a good friend, you could afford him some understanding?
The main thing though is, that you must talk to him about your concerns instead of letting them eat away at you, & your obviously initially good friendship.
Please let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Paris | 2004/10/05

I know how distraught one can be when you find that some one was never really there for you and only used you.

In saying that, i believe every thing happens for a reason, and even out of terrible situations such as this one, there is always a lesson to be learnt. The lesson here is not to ever help some one again, but maybe be more careful in judging some one.

This person doesn't deserve you as a friend, and i really believe that one day he will realize that.

Just remember. The wheel of life turns slowly, and what goes around comes around.

Life does go on, but its up to you to do it. The hurt will go away with time.

I hope this helps.

Keep going girl.

PARIS
xxx

Reply to Paris
Posted by: Tabby | 2004/10/05

He has been using me to get to the top and now he has left me all alone by myself.He does not call me anymore,nor does he try to have a conversation with me........I have done nothing wrong but to help him all the way.maybe I must never help anybody in my life again.We have been good friends and we had some good times together.I really miss him.Life is really unfair and sad

Reply to Tabby
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/05

Hi there,

You have not said how you have lost this person. Was there a fight serious enough to break down the friendship and what were the circumstances, or has the freind died.

PARIS
xxx

Reply to paris