Question
Posted by: judy | 2004/12/02

losing weight while training for Argus

In the next 3,5 months, I would like to lose about 10kg as well as embark on a training programme for the Argus Cycle Tour. I am a 42 year old female, have done three Arguses before, but am currently unfit and overweight - and discouraged!

In the past, I have found it very difficult, because the amount of cycling required makes me hungry, so I just keep eating and never lose weight! Any suggestions?

Dear Judy
You can certainly start using a high-carbohydrate diet which is low in fat so that you do lose weight when you do your training, but have sufficient energy to fuel your exercise. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet. If you are still hungry then you can eat more of the permitted foods. Also click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition & Supplements' and read the articles on 'Carbohydrates and Proteins'.
Good luck with your training programme