Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2006/11/12

Losing weight in all the wrong places!!!

I am losing weight in all the wrong places. My ribs are starting to stick out, as well as my hip- and shoulder bones!! I want to lose weight around my hips, thighs and buttocks and my love handles. I have a flat tummy and a thin waist, but big bum and fat thighs. I do more exercises with my lower than upper body, but still seem to be losing up instead of down. What can i do? Any exercises anyone can recommend that will make me loose on the right places asap???

Dear Sunshine
As I have said to many other Readers "It is impossible to determine in which part of the body you will lose weight with dieting - there is no way to determine that you will only lose weight on the hips, thighs and buttocks'. Your build is probably genetic and there may be other members of your family with the same proportions. You need to do targeted exercises for those problem areas. If you are at a gym, then ask the instructor to work out a set of exercises that only target the hips, thighs and buttocks, or ask Fitness Doc on this Website for such exercises.
Hang in there