Question
Posted by: ready | 2004/10/21

LOSING WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

I'm 26 and suffer from polycystic ovarian disorder which unfortunately has caused me to pick up weight. Currently I need to lose 20kg's but because of the hormonal imbalance it takes a while.

I have decided to go on weighless and also start gyming. Should I first lose the weight and then start the exercise or is it advisable to do both? My normal diet consists of fruit and vegetables but no weight loss??? Whats happening?

Dear Ready
I am sorry to hear about the PCOS as this can make losing weight difficult. I would strongly urge you to combine the diet with regular exercise as this increases your chance to lose weight and also has a beneficial effect on your overall health. You will have to be patient as the PCOS will slow down your weight loss, but by persevering you will lose that weight.