Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2007/03/19

Losing weight

Hi, im 1.75m tall and weigh 62kg at the moment. I use to weigh between 55kg and 57kg. I would like to loose 5kg to get back to 57kg. My diet will be as follows.
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, later 1 activa yoghurt.
Lunch: Tuna salad (tomatoes, lettuce, gherkins, onions, tuna and Canola mayo, 1 teaspoon).
Dinner: Any veggies or salad.
I don't get much time for exercise, and this frustrates me, but i do walk alot and climb stairs during the day.
What is you comment on this diet, know it's not the healthiest option.
Thanks for this great site, i love it.
Take care
Jackie

Dear Jackie
Thank you for your kind words. Your present BMI = 20, which is already below the ideal of 22 for which you would need to weigh 68 kg!! So I am not sure why you want to reduce your weight to 57 kg and your BMI to 18,4, which is starting to lean towards anorexia! You are also correct that your diet is not really balanced - it lacks another 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese to supply you with the 1000 mg of calcium you need as an adult woman, it lacks wholegrains and cereals to provide you with vit B complex and dietary fibre (for regularity) and you may even start developing an iron deficiency if you cut out all meat. So, I would NOT recommend that you try losing more weight, rather gain a bit so that you have an ideal BMI of 22.
Take care