Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2004/12/09

Losing Weight

I weigh 62 kgs and my height is 162cm. I've been trying to lose weight at least 5kg for the past two months but nothing seems to work. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, do the threadmill and then the toning circuit thereafter. Could you please advice me on a diet to follow to achieve my results.

Thank you.

Dear Desperate
Your present BMI = 23,7, which is nicely in the normal range (18-25), which is probably why you find it difficult to lose those last few kg. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and combine it with your exercise.