Question
Posted by: Aish | 2004/11/18

Losing Weight

Please advise. I am a nuturally thin person. Last year I gave birth and ever since then I have lost alot of weight in fact I weigh less now then I did before I was pregnant. I have had tests done on my thyroid but it is normal. I eat normally and dont lack an appetite. What do I do? It seem like my whole body is shrinking my breasts have even gone smaller!

Dear Aish
Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone Magda on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about this and other Nutritional Supplements.

2
Posted by: science | 2004/11/19

Have you had your fasting blood sugar tested? if you're thirsty all of the time and visiting the loo a lot, you might have high blood sugar due to the pregnancy.

Reply to science
Posted by: Lol | 2004/11/18

Hi, Please tell me what do you do to loose weight? I desperetely need to loose some...Im getting fatter and fatter day by day.....Dont know what to do....

Reply to Lol