Question
Posted by: svy | 2005/11/18

losing my mind

i have a lot of unresolved issues with my child hood, especially when i was a teen. i was the outcast of the whole school. i still feel like this and i dnt know if i will ever get over that. it rules my life,i feel like not being here a lot of times. i want to get help,please

Sounds as if this was indeed an unpleaant time of life for you. Counselling would be the way to go. Your GP or even friends, may be able to recommend a good local shrink

4
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/18

Haai Swaai. Jy raak ok nie sommer vanself 'n outcast nie jong. Kyk wat jy dalk verkeerd doen en red wat te redde is man.

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Al | 2005/11/18

Dear svy ... please do not loose hope. When at school people can be very insensitive. We are born and live for a special reason and we are valuable and loved by God. I read an interesting quote the other day, it says, Your thoughts determine your moods. The apostle Paul said to forget what is behind and focus on what is ahead. Also Proverbs says, as a man thinketh, so is he. Not easy, I know, but you are valuable and special. Help someone else with encouragement and you will be encouraged. I'll pray for you, my friend.

Reply to Al
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/18

Hi Svy

I was in std 3 when my mom told me that I was adopted. My whole world fell apart. I became a very angry teenager and made life for my mom hell. I felt that nobody wanted me nobody cares and nothing I did could take that feeling away of rejection that I suffered so many years. In my mid twenties I stood up and said to myself that this was enough. Yes I am adopted but I was adopted by the mos wonderful woman in the world who loved me with all her heart and that I must be thankful for it. I decide that no matter what I am not going to dwell in the past. I took baby steps and I started to see all the nice things that I missed because I was looking back. Start from today and leave your'e past behind and look into the future if you feel that memories is coming back do something positive to keep your'e mind of it. Take a look at your'e life and see the beauty and think of all the things you can be grateful for. Counceling will also help. My thoughts are with you

Reply to Jules
Posted by: Pippie langkous | 2005/11/18

Hi Svy

Accept one thing in life, not everybody will like you or accept you all the time and everytime. "Outcast of the whole school" .... now is that not a bit over the top?

A lot of our problems in life starts with the way you look and feel about yourself. Learn to be your own best friend and don't think that others has to like or accept your to make you happy.

Have you count your blessings? or are you only keeping note of the negative things in life?

Good luck, hope you find that special friend inside you

Reply to Pippie langkous