Question
Posted by: tigger | 2006/07/25

Losing hope

I joined sureslim last week and only found all the posts related to the diet this week. I am very overweight and am desperate to lose the weight. I haven't tried any diets before although I have consulted with a dietian on 2 occasions but became de-motivated when I didn't lose the weight quick enough (for my liking).

Ever since I started the diet, I have had headaches every day and I wake up shaking in the morning. Is this going to last forever - I don't want to live on headache tablets in order to lose weight?

Since I have already paid for the diet (I cannot afford to lose the money) I have to complete the programme. Will I be able to go onto Weigh-less or your weight loss diet to keep the weight off? I'm very scared of putting on the weight again (as I am hearing from a few of the other people who have posted on this site)

Dear Tigger
I am sorry to hear that you have developed headaches and shakes on the SureSlim diet. This is probably due to low blood sugar levels. Go back to them and ask what is causing this and also for a solution - after all you have paid a lot of money for this programme and they are supposed to provide a service. If you don't come right with this programme then please do join a reliable weight reduction programme like Weighless or Weight Watchers. Losing weight takes time so it is a great pity that you did not persevere with the dietitian's advice and diet, which would have been balanced and would not have caused all these side-effects. When you have sorted out your present problems and decided which diet you are going to stick to, start doing some regular exercise to promote weight loss (going for brisk walks for at least 30 min a day is a most beneficial practice.)