Question
Posted by: deela | 2007/06/05

losing control of life

Every month i have a mild case of pms but lately its becoming worse and worse. I am angry irritable and lost. i sometimes sit and just do nothing. i cant get anything done because of lack of interest.My kids irritate me all the time and i end up screaming and shouting at them. i just want them to stop bugging me. my husband tells me to get out of my rut but he fails to understand i cant. he irritates me and sometimes i just hate him. i hate his meddling mother even more because she is always critisizing me.i am not happy and i feel empty and alone. i dont enjoy having my kids around me because i feel they want to much and i just want to be alone and sit or lay down.i used nusak for a year in 2004 but my husband said it made me too talkative and irresponsible. i know i need help and i feel that my kids deserve better.i just want to run away and let someone who is stable care for them.it hurts even more because my husband doesnt support me and says i just want to pick fights with him.i dont want to fight i just want him to listen and understand but he thinks i am mad.i cant live like this i want to feel good and normal not wander how am i going to survive another day.

No need to put up with this --- see a good local psychiatrist as soon as possible, for a proper asse4ssment and treatment advice. Nuzak is far from the only medication available which could help, and CBT counselling / psychotherapy could also bevery useful indeed. And your shrink can see your husband ad explain things to him, so that even he can understand. Anger and irritability is so hurtful and annotying to others, that it can be very difficult for them to understand the nature of your problem and its need for treatment

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/06

I think if your husband listened to you it would have been different, why not go and see someone and the second time take him with so that the Psychologist can explain to him your situation. People that never felt this way before will not understand and they will think that you're crazy, so ask the Psychologist or your GP or whoever explain to your husband the way you feel so that he can support you in this.

Reply to Echelle