Question
Posted by: Clara | 2006/10/25

Losing alot of weight for my wedding

I am getting married in March 2007 and am atleast 30kg overweight. What is the fastest healthy way for me to get as much weight off as possible by then? Please help!

Dear Clara
Firstly congratulations on your wedding. Because you have a great deal of weight to lose, I would recommend that you ask your medical dr about Xenical. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. As you start losing weight and become more mobile, combine the diet and the medication with daily exercise such as going for walks - increase how rapidly and far you walk as you get fitter.
Wishing you all the best for the wedding.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2006/10/25

Join weigh less.. It is healthy, and your group leader will work out a plan for you personally according to your goals and available time!! It is a bit of effort, but the support is great! It helps you through those tuff times.

Good luck!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Mike | 2006/10/25

The safe way is to aim for 0.5 to 1 kg weight loss per week.
The are at least 18 weeks to go (depending on when in march you are getting married) so you could lose 18kg or so which is almost 2/3 to your goal.
The way to do it is eat LOWER fat products.Skim milk, low fat or fat free yoghurt. There are good and bad fats. You need to limit junk food and bad fats.
Eat fruit and veggies, salad, low GI bread.
Then do lots of cardio and some toning at the gym (it's hard work but it's worth a bit of sweat).
Good luck Clara !!!

Reply to Mike