Question
Posted by: Beth | 2006/10/24

Lordosis

If my xrays show "prominant lordosis" this time, but four years ago there was no sign of, what does it imply? My bone density values came back normal, but the back pain is driving me insane. Is ther any medical procedure to relieve the pain?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Beth
The lordotic curve of the back refers to the inward curve of the lumbar (lower back) vertebrae. Lordosis refers to a more exaggerated inward curve of these vertebrae. There could be a medical reason for the development of the lordosis with pain. You therefore need to make an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in backs.