Question
Posted by: ICE | 2003/02/04

LOOSING WEIGHT - BODY FOR LIFE

PLEASE TELL ME MY HUSBAND WANTS ME TO DO THIS BODY FOR LIFE PROGRAME WHICH IM AM NOT ADAPTING TO VERY WELL - I NEED TO LOOSE 15KG. I HEAR IF YOU WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT YOU SHOULD JUST DO CARDIO BECAUSE AT THE MOMEMT WE ARE DOING 20 MIN CARDIO AND 30 MIN WEIGHTS (1ST DAY) AND JUST 20MIN CARDIO THE NEXT DAY AND SO ON. CAN I JUST DO CARDIO MAYBE JUST FOR THE FIRST MONTH THEN START WITH WEIGHTS.

Hi Ice

I prefer a different approach to weight loss to that suggested by Body for Life, however, I do support doing both weights and cardio.

For further guidance in an exercise programme, I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za and join the free gym-based interactive exercise programme called "War ON Wobbles". There you will get all the info you need as well as weekly monitoring. If you prefer a home-based programme, then log onto the same site but go into the fitness section and you'll find "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.

You must do what works for you and what is healthy and will bring about long-term success!