Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/01

Loosing weight 18 weeks pregnant

Hi there i am 18 wks and 3 days pregnant today!!!! Wow amazing for me! I have started feeling movement strongly now and everything is going GREAT! I still get scared at times that i might loose this baby too but i feel so good and healthy that i am sure my little bean is more than ok. I went for a check up yesterday and i am loosing weight instead of picking up. Is this normal? I didn' t do a sonar and doctor only listened to the heart and felt the outside of my tummy for the growth progress of the baby. He said it felt like i am 20 weeks already and that the heart is nice and strong. If baby is growing so nicely why am i loosing weight? Am i not supposed to pick up? In the beginning of the pregnancy i picked up 3 kilo' s in the first 10 weeks. Should i worry? Is my baby getting what he needs?

Many women lose some weight in early pregnancy due to nausea and lack of appetite. As long as the baby is growing, it is fine.