Question
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/07

loosing it

last night i gothome from work, put the shopping in the kitchen, wentto the lounge where i greeted the family & kissed the wife...i was asked what my problem was 2 hours later. i had never gone near my wife. BUT I REMEMBER KISSING HER IN THE LOUNGE!!!!!.

anybody???

...'s comments make a lot of sense, here. Sometimes when something like such a greeting have become an automatic routine rather than a special event in itself which would be diferent each day, it can be easy to expect to do it, plan to do it, and get distracted and wander of without realizing that on this occasion you never actually got round to doing it.

2
Posted by: lulu | 2005/12/07

Several things bother me about your posting...

"shooter"? Like in Tequila, or like in gun?

You were asked "what your problem was" 2 hours later... Wow... I suspect more than you "loosing" (losing) it could be an issue here. Is that how your family usually communicates? Are you having marital problems?

When my husband comes home (with shopping too, nogal!) I have the decency to get up from my seat in the lounge and greet HIM at the door or in the kitchen or wherever. He does the same when I get home after him. Good manners, that's all.

If you really feel that you're forgetful or neglecting to do important things, maybe you should speak to a doctor about it. But my opinion: Your family has the problem. Manners seem to be a little lacking...

Reply to lulu
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/07

what you remember could be the kiss you gave her the day before... or you intended to kiss her and something distracted you... so your mind has created a memory based on what you had intended to do....... it happens to many people from time to time.... like we remember putting the keys somewhere... and they are no longer there... i don't think you're losing it at all...

Reply to ...