Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/07/20

Loose Weight to Fall Pregnant

Hi there,
Please can you assist me, i am over-weight by 20 kgs and due to this problem have no menstral cycle and therefore cannot fall pregnant. My doc says i need to loose the weight. I have started with gym, 30 mins per day every day which has been great but now at a loss of diet to follow. I have an underactive thyroid, where i have been on medication for 10 years now and suffer from IBS when i eat bread, pasta, potatoes etc. The only diet that seemed to not make me sick was the High Protein Diet but know its not healthy for you.

Please can you assist me.

Dear Cindy
Because I suspect that you may suffer from insulin resistance (IR), I would like to urge you to a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet with a low fat content that is based on foods with a low-GI, so that you lose weight and your IBS does not get worse. Keep up the good work with the exercise as this helps for losing weight and also controls IR.
Holding thumbs that you lose that weight and fall pregnant.