Question
Posted by: cat | 2005/07/14

loose skin on fingertips

hi doctor, please are you able to tell me why I keep getting loose skin on my fingertips [next to the fingernail]....am I lacking some sort of vitamin??

Cat, it is usually due to exposure to water or chemicals (or both like in the case of dishwashing water). It might of course also be due to a superficial fungal infection or even eczema. The problem is that i won’t be able to make a diagnosis without being able to examine you first. The easiest would be to see your doctor or a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good lluck.