Question
Posted by: Spudd | 2005/12/07

Loop Diathermy, is this normal?

I had a loop diathermy 4 weeks ago and both inbetween the 4 weeks and the day after the 4 weeks, I seem to be experiencing heavy bleeding like a normal period. My cycle is usually every 6 weeks so both periods do not form part of my normal cycle. I also had a bacterial infection from the procedure and I'm concerned things aren't right as I'm so tired everyday for the last 2 weeks, with no energy. Is this normal I feel foolish to keep bothering the hospital as they will think I'm a hypercondriact?

Your cycle can change after the procedure. The bleeding after the procedure was probably related to this. The later bleed could have been from infection. Wait a while and see what happens.