Question
Posted by: Nina | 2007/06/14

Loop

I am currently on nordette and are fine with it but is considering getting the loop as it seems it is less trouble. Some people suggested that it still works with hormones, does it? And can you feel it after it is inserted? And what is the cost and risks involved?

The loop intra-uterine device doesw not work with hormones. The Mirena is the only inra-uterine device that works with hormones. You should not be able to "Feel" it. You are meant to feel if you insert your fingers, 2 tiny strings. Cost effective=cheap! No major risks involved. Go to your gyn or family planning clinic for counselling.

2
Posted by: anon | 2007/06/18

Is there an expiry date tho?, because I fell pregnant while on the loop and my then boyfriend could feel it during love making

Reply to anon
Posted by: M | 2007/06/14

I had the Mirena inserted a month ago and I can kick myself that I didn't do it sooner. Look on the web for more info. It's a bit expensive but all worth it, and the insertion procedure isn't so bad, and no, you can't feel the IUD once it is inserted.

Reply to M