Question
Posted by: loopy | 2007/03/06

Loop

I had a loop inserted and was told by my doc to go back to him for a check up after 3 weeks, which i did.

He checked if the loop was in place and everything was fine. I have been having intercourse again for two weeks now. I have read that i should be able to feel the strings of the loop, and if i cant then i should contact my doc.

My question is, my hubby didnt feel anything when we had intercourse for the first time after having the loop inserted and checked by the doc, and i cannot feel the strings of the loop either. Should i be worried? Should i call my doctor? Or is the loop inserted in such a way that the strings are cut short?

Your input and advice will be greatly appreciated.

The strings are cut short. You have to put a finger up the vagina in order to feel them.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/07

When I had the Mirena inserted, I had to have the strings shortened as my hubby could feel them during intercourse and it was quite painful for him.
After my doc shortened the strings I could no longer feel the strings there, but all was fine with it the whole 3 1/2 yrs I had it.
Call your doctor and speak to him/her about your concerns as the doc knows how short he cut the strings. He/she will best advise you whether there is a need to go for a consultation to check if everything is still in place:)

Reply to Maya