Posted by: Sportsdude | 2008/06/20

Lookng for a good child psychologist

I am looking for referrals in the Jhb North area of a Child Phsycologist with specific expertise in the field of Gay Parenting.

Any suggestions most welcoming.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Sportsdude and thanks for your post.

Perhaps someone from your area will post the name of a child psychologist in Jhb. Another option is to post your question to the Teen Expert here on - he is gay-friendly and is likely to be able to refer you but he's on leave until 14 July.

Something else to consider: any child psychologist should be able to assist your child? Meet them and then decide whether they're necessarily homoprejudiced. I think we often make the mistake of assuming that straight professionals are not gay-friendly.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Riley | 2008/06/21

I was recently on the lookout for a psych, and found google helpful.

I know a psych listing site brought me to a list of all registered psychs, and I remember seeing a gay friendly psych in Pta.

Would have loved to post the link here, but you know the rules!

Google 'gay parenting psychologist johannesburg'.

Or if you google 'psychologist johannesburg' the first link brings you to a whole lot of links.

Reply to Riley

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.