Question
Posted by: Sportsdude | 2008/06/20

Lookng for a good child psychologist

I am looking for referrals in the Jhb North area of a Child Phsycologist with specific expertise in the field of Gay Parenting.

Any suggestions most welcoming.

thanks!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Sportsdude and thanks for your post.

Perhaps someone from your area will post the name of a child psychologist in Jhb. Another option is to post your question to the Teen Expert here on Health24.com - he is gay-friendly and is likely to be able to refer you but he's on leave until 14 July.

Something else to consider: any child psychologist should be able to assist your child? Meet them and then decide whether they're necessarily homoprejudiced. I think we often make the mistake of assuming that straight professionals are not gay-friendly.

1
Posted by: Riley | 2008/06/21

I was recently on the lookout for a psych, and found google helpful.

I know a psych listing site brought me to a list of all registered psychs, and I remember seeing a gay friendly psych in Pta.

Would have loved to post the link here, but you know the rules!

Google 'gay parenting psychologist johannesburg'.

Or if you google 'psychologist johannesburg' the first link brings you to a whole lot of links.

Reply to Riley