Question
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/14

Looking for work in Pretoria

Please will you guys out there help me and tell me if I am been selfish. I currently work in KZN and am looking to relocate to Pretoria as my husband got a job there. I have sent my CV to numerous personnel agencies and companies. I have got some replies but all are offering between R4500-6000 per month. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I am currently working as an Admin manager earning a salary of R8500 and then I get a housing allowance, medical allowance and pension fund. Although I don't have an Administration qualification I feel that I am worth even more. I always heard that Gauteng was the place to be for a good salary. Is R4500 considered good? Can anyone suggest a company or personnel company that can help me find something that pays even a little more?

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Caitlin | 2006/06/11

how much does a paediatrician in South Africa, who has just started out earn on average?

Reply to Caitlin
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/14

Pretoria salaries are terrible! The higher-paying jobs are all in Johannesburg. So it all actually depends where in Gauteng you are looking. I've found that Durban actually has salaries close to or equalling Johannesburg.

I'm moving from a job in Pretoria, to a job in Sandton from 1 August, and I'm getting R4000 more - for a job that doesn't require overtime where my current job does. Although I probably won't get to spend so much time on the net ;)

Liza

Reply to Liza