Question
Posted by: desperately seeking sports | 2004/01/07

Looking for sports clubs/coaches/facilities etc

Is there anyone out there who can furnish me with details of sports clubs/ facilities in the Cape Town area? I find gyms boring and have stopped going, however i dont do much activity in a normal day and now need to lose weight and get fit! I would like to try tennis, so if there's any coaches out there, plz contact me. I am however open to any other sport.
Thnx

There are a few clubs in and around the southern suburbs area. I gather that you are looking for groups where you can get involved. There is the UCT obviously, even if you are not a student, I am sure you would find some assistance there. There is also the Varsity Old Boys in Constantia. If you are keen to try something on your own, Check out the following programme on the Health 24 site.

Go to "Fitness" and then click on "Shape up". Here you will find a number of different programmes, including one for walking, another for running 10 km, and a cycling one. You can choose which you prefer. These programmes contain both cardiovascular (good for weight loss) and resistance training (for toning the muscles) and so are good overall complete programmes.

4
Posted by: Desperately seeking sports | 2004/01/07

S Subs claremont. Fish Hoek is a good 20mins out for me

Reply to Desperately seeking sports
Posted by: mick | 2004/01/07

fish hoek is in the southern suburbs

Reply to mick

thanx for the info but im in the southern subs. good to know though

Reply to desperately seeking sports
Posted by: brozz | 2004/01/07

hi there
depends where you are but the town of Fish Hoek has just about all sports in the town ranging from squash. tennis hockey cricket lifesavivg waterpolo i cannot help with numbers as now live in the uk but they have loads
hope that is a help

Reply to brozz