Question
Posted by: DrifTer | 2004/12/14

Looking For Information on sickness causing sweet sweat smell.

hi.

i was watching CSI the other night and there was a sickness that was characterized by a sweet smell in the sweat. i'm actually very interested to find some information on it but the net is too vast. you you perhaps tell me a bit more about the sickness or give me a site where i can look it up. they also talked about a synthetic insulin (so i can guess that it has some sort of link with diabetes).

DrifTer, I think you’re referring to keto-acidosis. This happens when someone is diabetic and doesn’t take the appropriate treatment. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.