Question
Posted by: cookies | 2007/03/20

looking for an appetite suppresant

i'm looking for some kind of appetite suppresant - something over the counter. not for everyday use. just to use on weekends when i seem to "crave" anything and everything.
no something as strong as thinz - but that will work and not waste my money. have about 2kg to lose, nothing drastic. i do however, on most days eat a healthy, LOW GI diet - but weekends, being at home, no cooking... seem to get the better of me ! ;o(
pls advise xxx

Dear Cookies
You may have noticed that I am not in favour of appetite suppressants, esp the ones that contain epinephrine or derivatives thereof, like Thinz, but alas, these are the only over-the-counter appetite suppressants available. Serotonin-uptake inhibitors that also control appetite are all schedule 5 drugs that have to be prescribed by your dr and need to be taken regularly, not just over weekends! If you get tempted over weekends, then set out to plan your food intake more sensibly so that you can stick to the low-GI diet all week, or do some extra exercise during the spare time you may have over weekends. If you only need to lose 2 kg, then it really is not worth it to take pills and potions.

2
Posted by: Regular | 2007/03/20

Are you the Ms / Mr Know-it-all today?

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Juice | 2007/03/20

The diet doc once advised me to stop using hunger supresent as they have an ingridient that will depress you. Since she told me that, I stopped using anything for a long time, and I was happier, and expected my weight and never bothered to see whether I'm loosing weight or not, but ate a very meal. I've recently joined a company and everybody is thin except me, so I went back to Thinz, my hair was brittle, I kept looking for signs of weight lost and my throut was constantly grogy. I always felt like my skin was itching and something was crawling on it.

My point is: Yes the hunger supresent works, but the after effects are terrible. Try to find something to do that will take you out of the house so that you will stop the trips to the fridge. If going out, eat before you leave, even when going to a family member, it will help to limit over eating.

Goodluck!

Reply to Juice