Question
Posted by: 20 S.A | 2004/10/18

looking for alternative treatments

i was diagnosed with severe endometriosis at teh age of 15 and after extensive lasoring and a six month course of zoladex i was put on the pill. i have been on the pill now for five years.. this has stopped the endometriosis from increasing in severity but not cured it.. this could be due to the fact that on the odd occasion i forget to take my pill! are there any alternatives to the pill that would preform the same function but do not involve the need for me to remember to take it every day?..

Although i have been told it is impossible for me to have children i am somewhat sceptical as i have heard many stories of women with endometriosis falling pregnant.. i am currently sexually active and need to find a birth control as well as a hormone for my endometriosis that would be more convenient!

There are lots of women with severe endometriosis that have gotten pregnant. You can use the injectables- 2 or 3 months. This will also suppress the endometriosis as well as provide reliable contraception

1
Posted by: Don't worry | 2004/10/19

I also had endo.
You most definitely will fall pregnant. You may need another lap when the time comes that you want to try. You may also need to have ivf but if you have a womb and ovaries and tubes that are ok then you will eventually fall pg.
I have met many friends in my ttc journey who have had stage 4 endo and fallen pg. I have realised how many of us suffer from this.
You might want to see a fertilty specialist, not to fall pg but they are much more clued up on these things.

Reply to Don't worry