Question
Posted by: Stef | 2008/06/19

Looking for a lung specialist in JHB

I'm 33 years old and have been coughing for years. I used to smoke but gave up 4 years ago. I can't handle coughing anymore. Sometimes my constant coughing causes my chest to ache. I've would like to go and see a specialist. Can you help?

Stef

Dear Stef
Try Dr Greenblatt or Dr Paul Williams at 011 726 6367 or 011 482 1436 or look on http://www.medpages.co.za/ at the bottom right "free search" - click persons, medical, pulmonologists
I agree with you, you may have asthma or chronic bronchitis or even a chronic post nasal drip.

18
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/08

My father is having a lungs infection, where can I get a lungs specialist around mpumalanga? Thnx

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/08

Posted by: Bobby | 2016/02/17

Hi, I was diagnosed with bronchitis a while back and had sporadic attacks (throat blockages) but it has since stopped (about 6/7 years now). For the past two days I've been getting attacks. This time it feels like there's lump of air blocking my throat. I feel a little dizzy when it happens and I have slight chest pains (discomfort). Please advice.

Reply to Bobby
Posted by: Rose L. | 2015/11/14

I have a 1 year old who has been coughing for 4 months now. We have been in and out to doctors rooms with no help. Over the counter medication was of no help either. Last week she was admitted, diagnosed with asthma. I still feel its something else and not asthma because symptoms are far from it. I dont know what to do anymore????

Reply to Rose L.
Posted by: Eileen | 2015/10/20

I am 73 - about 10 yrs ago had a mole removed from my back. Was sent away for analysis & came back benign. My dermatologist said he had been worried about it. I am concerned as I was told I had COPD but I have a continuous chesty cough with lots of mucus - constantly tired, no energy & shortness of breath. Am also experiencing bowel problems. Please help me

Reply to Eileen
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/03

Hi please my name is Tshiamo my father is diagonosed lung canser please assit with help or any specialised doctor on lung canser. Thank You

Posted by: beverly | 2015/09/23

hi my mom is being diagnosed with the illness of pneumonia,she is 76 years old can it be healed?

Reply to beverly
Posted by: sbusiso | 2015/08/22

Hi My father used to smoke now hes coughing for the past 2 months and cannot eat, everything he eats he vomit. we've been everywhere. please help.

Reply to sbusiso
Posted by: Nhlanhla | 2015/07/09

Hi I have a 5 month old daughter who was diagnosed with pneumonia and PDA AND TAPVD at 7 weeks. The pneumonia was treated and She had an open heart operation at 3 months to fix the PDA and TAPVD. The operation was successful but there was a bit of a lung complication. Her left lung keeps on collapsing even after physiotherapy, the surgeons did a bronchoscopy to try fix whatever they thought was the problem but still that did not work. They also did an operation to fix the diaphram because the had learnt that it was not functioning on the left side, which might be the cause but still that did not work because even up to today her left lung is collasping reoccurringly. She is still in Hospital ICU ward. Please help.

Reply to Nhlanhla
Posted by: Oyisayo | 2015/05/18

Hi there im 23 yrs old layd who is having a short breath and i cant even sleep at nigth every time when it comes i start to think im going to die please help me where can i get help

Reply to Oyisayo
Posted by: Oyisayo | 2015/05/18

Hi there im 23 yrs old layd and i have a breathing problem and i can even sleep at nite coz im scare i might be die please help were can i go im in jnb

Reply to Oyisayo
Posted by: KARABO MATLHABE | 2015/03/09

My mum is very ill, she's been coughing for almost a year now. She never smoke before and now she is losing weight, she doesn’t eat properly because when she eat everything that she puts in comes back again, can anyone help her??

Reply to KARABO MATLHABE
Posted by: Medicane | 2014/02/05

This site is helpful, it connected me doctor for my mom. i feel so much better now. thank you

Reply to Medicane
Posted by: maria | 2014/02/03

Hi,i'm 28 yrs old I've got chest problem I feel like there's something moving in my chest and I also have pains I feel like my chest is dry i'm also strugling to breath especially at night I need help but I don't have medical aid

Reply to maria
Posted by: maria | 2014/02/03

Reply to maria
Posted by: grace | 2014/01/27

Hi please advise I have being coughing for 2 months and I have done tb test,hiv,asthma and all negative I did xray and they found something round on my right lung could it be canser? If it is how do they treat it?or where can I get help I dont have a medical aid any affordable specialist?

Reply to grace
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/21

Hi Please assist me I've been having chest problem for the past three years it feels like there is something moving in my chest its sore and heavy I hv hikups I've been too many doctors but no one has been able to help me I live in east rand johanesburg Thank u

Posted by: lloyd | 2013/10/06

My daughter of three is always coughing and runny nose, a dip. And we are and so is she tired of nebuliser. Who can I take her too in the jhb area. She was a prem child.

Reply to lloyd