Posted by: Dee | 2009/04/15

Looking after elderly mom - help

Hi there. My mom is of an age where she can no longer take care of herself. I do all I can for her on a continued basis, cooking cleaning shopping and meals. She has had an op and has a colostomy bag and is now at the stage where she needs ongoing medical help with regards to her healthcare and the op. Could you recommend who I could contact or where I could start looking please for some type of facility for her? She is of fairly sound mind, and has requested that we help her by finding her somewhere where she can live and be medically looked after.
thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Dee
You need to look for "frail care"
Usually your local hospital would know which centres you can use, or contact frail care centres in your area: or
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.