Question
Posted by: Kirby | 2007/06/06

long relationships

Hi everyone,

First of all I am addicted to this forum and cant go without it for one day. I am currently working and was just wondering who of you people have been in a long relationship.

Well my gfriend and I have been in a relationship for 25 yrs now and it is still going strong as the very first day. Communications plays a big roll. There is not one thing that we do not discuss. For all the yrs her parents has known me as a very close friend but has never asked us whether we are in a relationship. They are anty guy but me parens dont have a problem although I have never told them but they know about us. My hole family loves her. We are settled, have a couple of properties which we rent out and ya, once a year we treat ourselve for an overseas trip. We have both worked hard for what we have. We are not into gay clubs but like to party at home, not that we are against gay clubs but prefer the home. We have about 3 couples which is our close friends.

Other than that it will be glad to hear of you all and keep up the good work. Huggs and Kisses to all!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Kirby, good to hear from you again and congrats on your relationship!

Also good to see other women responding to your post - the guys seem to dominate the forum.

6
Posted by: Shmegal | 2007/06/08

Hey Kirby

Congratulations to both of you for what sounds like such a wonderful 25 years together so far. May your next 25 years be awesome too.

My gf and I have been together for 8 years now. Two years ago we took the plunge and started our family. We've been blessed with a beautiful son who brings such joy to our lives. I look forward to reaching our quarter century as you have done.

I have to agree with the home entertainment thing....we also love having our nearest and dearest over at our place and I can't tell you when last I was at a club or night spot.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Yo | 2007/06/06

My girlfriend and I have been together 3 years and and 2 months and we are planning on getting married early next year (I cant wait !!!) I agree with you good comunication has brought us this far we have had our issues in the past re our family because my family had a problem with my gf because of our age difference I am 23 and she is 31 but we proved to them it is not a problem for us and they just need to back off because we make each other happy..... and they did ;-)
And our relationship is still as hot as what it was when we just met:-)

Congratulations Kirby!!! 25 Years wow :-)

Hugzzz
Yolanda

Reply to Yo
Posted by: dbk | 2007/06/06

Hey

Wow wow wow, 25 years is awesome. Congrats!
My wife and I have our 5 year together anniversary tomorrow and we had our 3 month marriage anniversary on the 3rd of this month.

We struggled with communication for a long time, but we found a bridge to cross the gap. I find it the most important element in a relationship.

We aren't really bound what families think about our relationship. Both families know and some chose not to attend the wedding. We don't really care about their opinions. We have each other and that is the most important.

May all the happy couples share many more years together!

Reply to dbk
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/06/06

Hey Kirby, 25 years is really wonderfull - congrats! Seriously something for us all to work towards. Wev'e passed our 6 year mark. I also agree on good communication being a key factor. Both our families support us in every way. It really does make life a million times easier. We have also walked the planet a few times together...this can definitely put serious strains on a relationship - but each time the bond has just got stronger. I often feel truely blessed to have met such an awsome fellow!
Best of Luck...D

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Joe | 2007/06/06

2 years and 3 months with the sexiest man alive

Reply to Joe
Posted by: skw | 2007/06/06

25 years, wow! Congratulations :) Next week will be the 7th anniversary for me & the wonderful woman in my life - I agree that good communication is the key to a successful relationship. Plus having families & friends who accept & support the relationship.

Reply to skw