Question
Posted by: Poopsie | 2005/06/29

Long Periods

I have stopped taking the pill in January after taking it for 12 yrs. My periods used to be about 4 days and now they are about 8 and heavier. Is this normal? Also when is it most fertile to fall pregnant and can you get your periods if you are pregnant?
Is the withdrawl method safe to use or what are your chances of falling pregnant?

Periods are lighter and shorter on the Pill, so what you are experiencing is normal. Have a look at the Top 5 questions for the best time to fall pregnant. The withdrawal method is not particularly safe. The failure rate is about 10%, compared with less than 1% on the Pill.