Question
Posted by: Tom_H_ | 2007/05/31

Long knee problem

Hi Doc!

I've had a knee problem for a year and a half now, but absolutely no improvement.
It started while i was playing a soccer match, during the match my knee started getting worse and worse and I had to come off.
I went to the doctor and he said it was patella tentonitous. I went to bio kinetics and phisio for a good 4 month to try and strengthen my knee and muscles around, but no luck at all.
I haven't been able to run for the past year and a half, and I really want to get back to playing soccer. I went for a MRI a few weeks back, which was basically inconclusive! The doctor said that he could give me injections that are used for arthritis, at a very costly price!

Can u provide me with any help, or info on my problem. I could send u the MRI report if u like.

Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

hi Tom H

Patella femoral syndrome. often shows nothing on MRI. It is due to an imbalabnce of muscles. It causes the outer muscles of the knee to pull the knee cap out causing scraping of the cap on the underlying bone.

Strengthen the muscles of the inner thigh, the general quads and the hamstrings.

L:et me know how its feeling in one month.

Dr P