Question
Posted by: Zola | 2008/06/10

Long distance relationship

not particularly for a shrink.

I am in a CT-JHB relationship that I am in so much doubt about. He says he is never moving to JHB and I don't see myself moving to CT - so what is the point...is love enough in this case?

As if not seeing each other was not difficult enough, he hardly phones coz he doesn't have airtime, he doesn't respond to sms's coz (I don't know why), he does not visit, I am the only one who flies to CT. But he says he loves me and doesn't want to lose me.

Am I over reacting about the sms's - even if I send a simple "good night", I get no response...it's just that it would be nice to be on the recieving side as well. When he calls me we talk for less than a minute (I promise, last time it was 38 seconds) coz his airtime will run out. If I call him he worries about MY airtime.

I once saw a quotation that goes like "advice is what you ask for when you know the answer but you wish you didn't".... Any advice for me - Anyone?

Love is not enough, and to be frank, his responses don't suggest that there is genuine love on his side. There will be many other opportunities for you to find love that is more real and considerate, kind and caring. You don't need to cling to this one guy.
As I often say, don't listen so much to what he says --- listen to what he DOES. And his actions do not say he loves you and doesn't want to lose you. As you imply, you know the answer.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/10

There is no point and love is not enough. Rather find someone who you can talk to face to face on a regular basis.

Reply to Maria