Question
Posted by: Also HIV | 2007/03/21

LoneWolf

I read your post about meeting a partner and how is it going? All good luck to you! I am also HIV and I gave up on meeting someone special, sometimes I am very lonely. Known for almost 3 years, CD4 is 647 and I am 37. Usually OK but sometimes I need hope for the future. Anyone else other than LoneWolf HIV here? Thank you Expert for the kindness and honesty and good information.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Also HIV and a very warm welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting here. Hi also to LoneWolf (aren't you due for a name-change soon - maybe dropping the 'Lone'?) and thanks for your insightful response.

Hopefully more people will respond to your post but even if they don't, know that they're reading your post and thinking of you. I particularly welcome posts from people who are HIV positive as well as all posts related to HIV prevention. I sincerely hope we'll hear from you more regularly and I encourage you to keep posting. You'll find that this is a very supportive forum - please keep using it.

1
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/03/22

Hi Also HIV. You are right, it can be very lonely. I tried very hard to meet someone, and it never worked. Some guys offered their support and more, only to disappear. I eventually gave up, and was extremely surprised when I met Mr. Right out of the blue. I do not think there is any easy way of dealing with it, nor ant quick fixes. Maybe, as I did, just go with the flow and accept it and see what happens. I found that I was a much happier person once I accepted my status and started to LIVE again, Maybe it shows through a positive attitude. Any ideas NICKI EXPERT? Unfortunately many in the the gay community, (and I say unfortunately and not all) tends to be less supportive of its fellow members once they are no longer part of the main stream. I used to have many gay friends, now only two. The rest simply disappeared like the morning mist. There was no bad experiences, just very subtle alienation. Maybe it is something that we all should think about, or am I wasting my time wrirting here? Maybe if our attitude towards our fellow gay persons change, we will be more acceptable to the straight world. Any ideas guys. I know this is serious stuff, but sometimes that needs attention too.

Anyway, ALSO HIV, all the best and please tell me from which part of the world youy are.

Reply to LONEWOLF