Question
Posted by: uhh | 2005/06/02

Lonestar, seeking attention?

Lonestar still around? Anyone know?

On the atention-seeking aspect, much attention-seeking doesn't work, and it's attention getting behavior we notice. The problem is that behaviour which tends to get labelled "attention-seeking" is of the blackmailing, devious, sideways variety, trying to manipulate people into giving one attention, rather than just simply and frankly asking for it, when it will often be gladly given. It's this element of eeling that one's arm is being twisted that annoys the audience, and which sadly leads to further distress to the person who wants attention.
Sureloy we all hope that Lonestar has sought directly, and received, the help she desrves, and is improving.

7
Posted by: CJ | 2005/06/02

I agree to ignore the subject heading,

The mere fact the LS came here to tell us that she was at the end of her tether, is enough for me to say she is looking for help and had no one else to turn to.

I do hope she is ok.

Reply to CJ
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/06/02

Anyone who has been at this forum long enough will remember Captured Angel, and will know that these things are serious and not to be made light of.
There was someone who has most probably changed their nic now, who really regretted some things that she/he had said at the time that CA was posting here about her issues.
So, Uhh, if all you're doing is trying to stir - then perhaps you should go back to the archives and see what could be in store for you.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Keli | 2005/06/02

Whether or not LS was seeking attention is irrelevant. My concern is that she is crying for help in some way, and the least one should do is to try and help!!

Uhh I wanda how you'd feel if u were to find out the LS in actuall fact committed suicide, would you still call it attention seeking.

Anyway I agree with Chelle and Paul people like you should be ignored, more especially becoz u seem to appear and post when u want to cause some controvesy.

Reply to Keli
Posted by: Paul | 2005/06/02

I agree and pass my vote to ignoring uhh.

Someone let us know how LS is.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Bee | 2005/06/02

What happened to Lonestar? Is she okay? Anyone know?

Reply to Bee
Posted by: hmmmm | 2005/06/02

I do feel that uhh should be ignored. This is the same insensitive person that had a go at someone the other day, who had lost a child, for typing in caps. Seems as though uhh can't read caps and found it difficult. What about the poor person who is grieving? Now that's difficult.

Reply to hmmmm
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/06/02

One thing that always confuses me - maybe you can answer it seeing as you have put these words in your subject header - What is wrong with seeking attention???????? Sometimes the comments passed on this site make it seem like a sin or something that could possibly spark a world war.
When a person feels suicidal, seeking attention could be the the very thing that helps that.
Attention seekers who create elaborate stories can be tiring, but if someone needs some words of advice or someone needs a pat on the back for something they have achieved, and need to use attention seeking methods, it's fine by me, and I can't understand why other people get so upset with these things.
Maybe you or someone else can clear this up for me?

Reply to Chelle