Question
Posted by: Liz123 | 2005/07/07

London - Bombs !!!

London - Blood-smattered and crying, thousands of people staggered into the streets of London on Thursday after at least six explosions rocked the city in a morning of chaos that left at least two people dead.

The terror and tragedy on London's underground and bus routes replaced the excitement that erupted across the capital the previous day after it was named the host of the 2012 Olympic Games.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said the attacks were carried out by terrorists to coincide with the Group of Eight (G8) summit underway in Gleneagles, Scotland.

Ambulances and fire engines rushed to the scene of the blasts at underground stations and on a bus in the middle of the morning rush hour that left thousands of people dazed and confused.

The sound of sirens filled the air as emergency staff rushed people, some suffering terrible lacerations and burns, to nearby hospitals.

Police said at least two had been killed, while Home Secretary Charles Clarkes spoke of many "serious injuries" following the coordinated terrorist strike.

"There was a loud bang and the train ground to a halt. People started panicking, screaming and crying as smoke came into the carriage," said Arash Kazerouni, 22, who had been travelling from Liverpool Street, one of six stations in and around central London that was targeted in the blasts.

"A man told everyone to be calm and we were led to safety along the track."

The entire London underground network was suspended and stations evacuated including one in Stratford, which will be a key transport link for the site of the Olympic Games.

Commuters, visibly shaken and some covered in black soot, emerged from train stations, recounting tales of horror when blasts shook their trains.

"There was a fire beside me. I saw flames outside on the window of my carriage," said

She said tearfully that as she was led away down the tracks, "I saw bodies. I think some people may have died, said Sarah Reid.

An office worker from a nearby building that had been evacuated described how the whole building shuddered.

A police officer at the scene said: "I was first on the scene at the explosion at Aldgate all of which has now been evacuated. I was pulling people out of the bus. There are definitely some dead."

Police later confirmed that two people had been killed in the Aldgate blast, while many more were injured.

The attacks also paralysed all of London's bus routes after an explosion tore the roof off a double decker bus near Russell Square.

"The explosion seemed to be at the back of the bus. The roof flew off and went up about 10 metres. It then floated back down," said eye witness Raj Mattoo, 35.

"I shouted at the passengers to get off the bus. They went into Tavistock Park nearby," he said.

"There were obviously people badly injured. A parking attendant said he thought a piece of human flesh had landed on his arm."

Absolutely atrocious, and while further investigation will clarify who did it, one thing we know already, it was corwardly barbarians. Isn't it sad how many governments and religious leaders FAIL to strongly condemn such savagery ?

1
Posted by: SG | 2005/07/07

What is this world coming to ???? Is this really the answer to solving your problems ???

Reply to SG