Question
Posted by: Annie | 2004/11/18

lobar hpe

I have 2 healthy boys - between them we had a daughter who was born with Lobar Holoprosencephaly, apparently that is the name for the non-chromosomal disorder - Trisomy 13. She did not survive. Our doctors said it was probably just a fluke but also said there was a 20% chance this could happen again. My concern is for my boys when they grow up and want to start a family. Should they go for genetic testing, now or at some stage?

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Annie

I would suggest that chromosomal analysis be perfomed on amniotic fluid when they start their families.

Regards, Maritha