Question
Posted by: Cherry | 2008/06/06

LO with bad cough

HI Cyberdoc

I can't post a question for the Paeditrician, so I wonder if you can help me.

My LO has just turned 1 year (12 months) and she's developed a very "horse" (spelling) cough. There seems to be alot of phlem on her chest.

What medicine can you suggest for that?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The exact cause for her cough should first be determined before treatment can be suggested. Therefore, I recommend that you take her to your GP to have a chest x-ray, allergy test and a TB test done. It is also possible that she has a chronic allergic sinusitis but this will be picked up with the clinical examination.

Kind regards