Question
Posted by: sweetie pie | 2004/11/25

living waiting

Hi I have a lovely little rented flat beautiful children and grand children dont work am partly disabled (have a wobbly neck from an accident and surgery in 2000 4 level fusion) my hubby of 30 years works far away from home only comes home for 2 weeks every 4 months...he has no choice its the only job he can get and we have no pension med aid etc BUT its hard, its very hard to carry the load and be cheerful to everyone and pretend all is ok at the same time keeping his spirit up...sometimes I think i will go mad - what a mess?? I have lots to be grateful for I know but often dont cope am I being stupid..

Hi sweetie pie !
Yes, indeed, it must be hard to carry the load. I sometimes wonder, seeing a crowd of folks all being jolly and cheery, how many loads each one is carrying, and how hard they're all working to convince all the others that there's nothing bothering them at all. And it's a pity that sometimes one gets stuck in a job with unsociable working conditions when one has little choice, as older and paler males tend to have less choice. Of course you're not being stupid at all. But, from the sound of it, lonely and lacking in handy support. Lee is right about the value of getting involved in charities and similar organizations, for companionship and to keep usefully occupied, with less time for feeling frazzled at home.

1
Posted by: Lee | 2004/11/26

Hi Sweetie Pie

You are definately not been stupid. Just a little lonely. You should consider joining a charity organisation or a woman's league so you can get out and meet some people. Eveeryone at some stage in their lives become discouraged. That does not been you are a bad person it just means you needs some good friends (or e-mail buddies) to keep you in pray. You seem to have achieved so much in your life and I am most encouraged to hear you have been married for 30 years. I am only married for 13 years to my sole mate so this is such en encouragement for us "newlyweds" when we hear there are people out there who have mad it. Congratulations!! Trust in the Lord your God and lean not on your own understanding. You are truly a blessed woman. I will keep you in pray.

Reply to Lee