Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2003/03/08

Liver Scerosis

My husband had a medical in mid-Jan and his liver enzymes were 102, he was advised to stop drinking for 3 months or cut down to 2 beers a day for three months and ten have another check up. He has done the opposite and drinks a minimum of 10 beers a day very day since then. Symptoms he has had is five days of constant runny tummy, profuse sweating, he changes his night shirt three times a night and his day shirt you could wring out. ie is pale and lethargic in the morning and must have a beer by 10.30. The other night he started vomiting.He will not see a doctor. I don't know what to do? Does e have scerosis of the liver and if so what happens?

Belinda, I can’t tell you whether he has cirrhosis without examining him first, but I can tell you that you husband has a serious problem. If he isn’t an alcoholic yet, he will soon be one and all the alcohol will affect more that his liver. He will have to see a doctor and stop drinking. Good luck.