Posted by: Mark | 2008/08/11

Liver Detox

Dear Doc,

I feel the need to do a liver I have been on homeopathic meds for a while now....whats the best way to go about it.

What' s the best detox that will target the liver especially.

Many thanks

Dear Mark
To detox your liver you need to cut out all alcohol (if you use any) and reduce the amount of fat you eat considerably. In addition you should concentrate on eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, fat-free milk and dairy products, very lean meat (in small quantities), fish (3 or more times a week), wholegrain cereals and bread, and monounsaturated fats (3 tablespoons of olive oil a day). Drink 4 glasses of water in addition to the other liquids you ingest (not more otherwise you may cause an electrolyte imbalance). You can use a product like Game (in powder form) to make the water taste better (dilute more than recommended on the label). Then there are medications such as Prohep or Essentiale which are designed to assist the liver to regenerate. You can buy these at any chemist.

Posted by: fehana | 2008/10/30

I need a proper diet to detox please advice
i am always sleepy and tried
i need energy

Reply to fehana